Thursday, February 27, 2014

pretty,happy, funny, real

Wow, it's been a long time since I joined up with Like Mother, LIke Daughter for a p,f, h, r,  but it's that time of year. The time of year that you have to really look for the funny, and the happy, because all of the real seems to be centered around snow, ice, cold, and more snow.

{pretty}


I've been enjoying the French penmanship books and fountain pens I got the kids so much that I decided to practice myself. Unlearning 40 years of US cursive is MUCH harder than it seems. The most difficult for me are e, r, s, so far. But this is the fruit of my effort so far. Not all of the capitals are done in the French style, but I'm a work in progress. So, French penmanship? Pretty.


{happy}



Need I say more? Pour Moi. For summer shawls to throw over my shoulders while attending Mass. Those are my colors. Well, the mauve is stretching it.



{funny} 



Since I last participated, we have added two Dobermans to our family. This is Iggy. He is trying very hard to be good at school and learn about poetry. He is actually licking the dry erase board, and would 'clean' a line or two every timeI turned my back.




{real}



Under there, somewhere, is a pool. I am resigning myself to the idea that I may not ever see it again. 


Share your contentment! 

round button chicken

10 comments:

  1. OK, I have a question. Is that top photo an example of French penmanship? (something I never heard of). Because it looks exactly like what I learned in school (3rd grade, many years ago). My handwriting looks nothing like it, but it's supposed to. So, if the above isn't what you learned, then what is being taught now??

    Spring will really come - it does every year, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I am SO not as good, so that's a hodge podge of me trying. :D This is what it should look like.

    http://luc.devroye.org/EmmanuelBeffara-FrenchCursive-2004b.png

    Actually, I don't believe many schools are teaching cursive anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting! But as for your handwriting, it looks excellent to me, LOL. You should[n't] see mine. Horrific.
      :)

      Delete
  3. That yarn is gorgeous! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are from Quince & Co yarn.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you share the French penmanship books and fountains pens you bought? I'm looking forward to some lovely drawn poetry....

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genevieve, I use www.jetpens.com and I get the pelican Preppy which are about 3.99.

      And here's a link to the copybooks.

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/2210746884/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1DKTB3FGMXCS3

      Delete